A guide to COVID-19 workplace survival
COVID-19 confusion continues…
It seems there is no end in sight to the confusion in the Australian workplace around COVID19.
In Brisbane, according to the Brisbane Times, “More than 6000 health staff, including paramedics, are in quarantine as authorities consider pulling back to the frontline more workers who are COVID close contacts to help with shortages across Queensland.
“As a result of hospital delays and confusion from many people testing positive with coronavirus, the Queensland Ambulance Service continues to see an influx of triple-zero calls relating to COVID.”
In South Australia, on 31 December, the ABC reported that “Less than 24 hours after South Australia signed off on a new definition of a close COVID-19 contact, the state’s Chief Public Health Officer says those rules won’t apply in SA.”
And in NSW, thousands of school children, who don’t need to be vaccinated, are about to go back to school, with teachers confused and concerned about what that means.
Little wonder then that consumer confidence is at its lowest level 1992.
The challenge, for employers, staff, parents…pretty much everyone, who works are who lives with some who works, is to try, beyond getting vaccinated/boosted, is to get simple, straightforward and consistent advice.
At nimbus, we work daily with hundreds of employers across the entire economy. Here are some innovations we have put in place to play a small part in helping provide confidence to employers and their staff, with our Time2Work solution to manage COVID-19.
At nimbus, we work daily with hundreds of employers across the entire economy. Here are some innovations we have put in place to play a small part in helping provide confidence to employers and their staff, with our Time2Work workforce management solution to manage COVID-19.
For front-line operations, vaccinated staff and real-time reporting systems are imperative to businesses keeping, and staying, open.
To survive and continue “business as usual”, companies need to implement action plans to prepare for a disaster event.
The questions businesses should be asking:
- Do we have a plan and course of action should a disaster occur, and the workforce needs to be relocated or work from home?
- How do staff communicate with the business and customers from a remote location, in a safe and compliant manner?
- Is the business operation COVID compliant and COVIDSafe?
- Does our current workforce management platform assist us with managing COVID requirements?
COVID optimising with nimbus Time2Work.
- Vaccination records can be uploaded to employee profiles to better manage how and where staff are scheduled.
- Customised and instant push notifications give control back to the business and ensures staff are alerted should an outbreak occur.
- Create compliant and safe schedules. Only vaccinated staff who meet shift parameters can be rostered.
- Automated reporting practices provides the information you need to ensure Covid 19 compliance, employee safety and non-business disruption
Through real-time, integrated software you can easily manage your staff movements, ensure you schedules are COVID safe, and send instant notifications to staff should an outbreak occur.
There is no silver bullet solution for employers to ensure their staff are completely confident in the workplace of 2022. But knowing your staff’s vaccination status quickly and simply, in a respectful and actionable manner, is a good start.
Looking for a COVID workplace management solutions
nimbus Time2Work is the best workforce management software which helps to ensure your business is COVID compliant and safe. From schools to offices, a single retail store or a largescale call centre, workface management software is the key to success. Get in touch with us today to find out more.