The Shift to Remote Work
The Work From Home trend is here to stay, but what does that mean for industries globally? Dive into the remote work model and this transform businesses and employee alike.
Phone Apps, Work From Home (WFH), work/life balance, and remote regions.
The culture of “Work from Home” (WFH) has been a steadily increasing trend over the past few years. COVID-19 has rapidly accelerated this shift in the workforce as a large part of the global population has been locked down in the face of the pandemic. There is significant indication that the pre-crisis WFH levels of 15% in Australia, will change forever to at least 30% of the working population.
There are a number of serious advantages for businesses who can support the new WFH paradigm. They include:
- Reduction of expensive commercial overheads forever
- less office space = less costs
- Improvement in the work/life balance of talent
- Happy, motivated employees = happy, higher spending customers
- Work becomes a better part of living rather than a way of living
- Positive climate impact
- Pollution reduction due to reduction in traffic
- Public transport loads reduce
- Reduced infrastructure requirements maintaining roads, railways, etc.
- Support for regional areas
- Remote areas become talent pools
- Workers not forced to move to cities for work
- Local towns and schools become more economically viable
A critical part of a more remote workforce is mobile phone connectivity. Phone access, apps, and management tools will increasingly add to the previously limited role of the desktop or laptop computer in working from remote locations.
Supported by cloud systems and reliable broadband Internet connections, nimbus controls the new “working remotely” trend and will enable workers to be more flexible, satisfied and available. This opens up access for people previously impacted by long and expensive commutes into a centralised office in a large metropolitan area. It also opens up regional area “work bases” and “connection centres” that will facilitate talent congregation and synergy, facilitating more empathetic and localized solutions for clients that understand the benefits of true Australian connectedness.
The benefits of the above include:
- More jobs move back to Australia from overseas locations
- Better customer experience (CX) metrics
- People working with a better work/life balance
All of these things have been historically difficult to achieve – but can be with nimbus controls and cloud based solutions.